August 23, 2016

Review - Under the Lights by Abbi Glines

Things you may not know about me. I am from the South and I love Abbi Glines. Oh and I am in love with this series that absolutely resembles my high school experience. Here in Tennessee football is king, whether it's high school, college or professional ball. Going to the game on Friday was never a question, you didn't miss the games. 

Willa, Gunner and Brady were best friends up until they were eleven and Willa moved away. Brady and Gunner continued their friendship and went on to be star football players for their small town. 

Under the Lights starts around the same time Until Friday Nightended and while they are continuations of the same group of people they can be read as a standalone. Willa has just moved back to town and while she is still as beautiful as ever there is something darker in her eyes. 

Brady and Gunner both fight for her attention and to learn what is troubling her, both of them want to be the reason she smiles again. They both have their own issues and struggles but are ready to fight for her. Throughout the story, new things come up and Willa has to choose which guy is the one for her. Her childhood best friend or the boy who gave her butterflies. 

This series will have an annual release, one every August, just in time for football season. Reading this book completely took me back to high school. There were moments I was cringing for the characters and times I had a huge smile remembering these moments. I am probably not the target audience for these books, but I love them nonetheless. 

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review

ONE CLICK HERE

No comments

Post a Comment