August 12, 2016

Swear on this Life by Renee Carlino


ABOUT SWEAR ON THIS LIFE:
From USA TODAY bestselling author Renée Carlino (Before We Were Strangers), a warm and witty novel about a struggling writer who must come to grips with her past, present, and future after she discovers that she’s the inspiration for a pseudonymously published bestselling novel.

When a bestselling debut novel from mysterious author J. Colby becomes the literary event of the year, Emiline reads it reluctantly. As an adjunct writing instructor at UC San Diego with her own stalled literary career and a bumpy long-term relationship, Emiline isn’t thrilled to celebrate the accomplishments of a young and gifted writer.

Yet from the very first page, Emiline is entranced by the story of Emerson and Jackson, two childhood best friends who fall in love and dream of a better life beyond the long dirt road that winds through their impoverished town in rural Ohio.

That’s because the novel is patterned on Emiline’s own dark and desperate childhood, which means that “J. Colby” must be Jase: the best friend and first love she hasn’t seen in over a decade. Far from being flattered that he wrote the novel from her perspective, Emiline is furious that he co-opted her painful past and took some dramatic creative liberties with the ending.

The only way she can put her mind at ease is to find and confront “J. Colby,” but is she prepared to learn the truth behind the fiction?

MY 5 STAR REVIEW

OMG, I swear on my life this book. It’s beautiful. It’s amazing. It’s EPIC LOVE at it’s best. I swear, for reals, this book! I love an epic love. It defies time and circumstances and always prevails. This is the kind of book that makes you feel everything and has you falling more in love with the story with every page.

I started this book with high expectations, my bestie loved it and went on and on about how uniquely the story is told, so I was very curious by what she meant. Furthermore, she said it was a second chance love story. This girl, me, not a fan of second chance love stories. I mean, hello, I just went on and on regarding my love for EPIC love. So yeah, not a fan, so even with my bestie's huge endorsement I had my doubts.

Like I said this is a story of second chance love, but told like I have never read before. Emiline's life is just getting started. She has graduated college and is working as an adjunct writing instructor when her roommate recommends a fantastic new best seller. Within pages of the book, Emiline realizes the story is following her own childhood.

Emiline is desperate to learn more about the author, since there is only one person that could write her story, her best friend and first love, Jase. O.M.G cue the goose bumps! That is how I legit felt and from that moment on I needed more. This story owned my Sunday afternoon and my thoughts since finishing it. I was desperate for more with the turn of every page. I wanted to know everything about these two, their past, present and what their future could hold.

People, don’t have any doubts, read this book! Trust that the story will more than deliver, because it will. I am coming off some pretty fantastic reads recently, but this book is holding its own. It is easily one of my favorite reads of 2016. It made me feel and it made me fall in love over and over again. This book made me cry, gave me butterflies, and even had me gushing to my husband. Swear on this Life is a 2016 must read!




RAFFLECOPTER:
5 signed copies of SWEAR ON THIS LIFE



ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Renée Carlino is the author of Sweet Thing, Nowhere But Here, After the Rain, and Before We Were Strangers. She lives in Southern California with her husband, two sons, and their sweet dog, June. When she's not at the beach with her boys or working on her next book, she likes to spend her time reading, going to concerts, and eating dark chocolate.

FIND RENEE ONLINE:
Instagram: @reneecarlino1

ORDER (US)
·         Amazon
·         Barnes & Noble
·         Books-a-Million
·         IndieBound
ORDER (UK)

ORDER (AUS)

SWEAR ON THIS LIFE by Renee Carlino
Atria Trade Paperback | ISBN: 9781501105791 | On sale: August 9, 2016 | 320 pages | $15.00
eBook: Atria Books | ISBN: 9781501105807 | On sale: August 9, 2016 | 320 pages | $7.99

No comments

Post a Comment