September 23, 2016

Review - The Silent Waters by Brittainy Cherry




Title: The Silent Waters
Series: Romance Elements #3
Author: Brittainy C. Cherry
Genre: Romance
 Release Date: September 22, 2016



Blurb

Moments.

Our lives are a collection of moments. Some utterly painful and full of yesterday's hurts. Some beautifully hopeful and full of tomorrow's promises.

I’ve had many moments in my lifetime, moments that changed me, challenged me. Moments that scared me and engulfed me. However, the biggest ones—the most heartbreaking and breathtaking ones—all included him.

I was ten years old when I lost my voice. A piece of me was stolen away, and the only person who could truly hear my silence was Brooks Griffin. He was the light during my dark days, the promise of tomorrow, until tragedy found him. Tragedy that eventually drowned him in a sea of memories.

This is the story of a boy and girl who loved each other, but didn’t love themselves. A story of life and death. Of love and broken promises.

Of moments.

(Book Three in the Elements Series. Complete Standalone.)



MY 5 STAR REVIEW!

O.M.G. This book. The Silent Waters has owned my heart since the moment I read the first word. Cherry’s writing is so poetic and uniquely beautiful, I find myself getting lost in her stories. 

The Silent Waters is the story of Brooks and Maggie and believe me when I tell you their story is one of epic love, my favorite thing. Maggie and Brooks meet when they are five. Maggie’s father marries Katie and Brooks is her son’s best friend. They actually meet on the day Maggie arrives there with her dad. The boys are playing video games and can barely spare her minute of their time, but as they get older Brooks feelings toward Maggie change. 

This story follows Maggie and Brooks throughout years of their lives. It shows how over time they come to rely on each other and eventually fall in love. I don’t think there are words to do this story justice, because if you have read this book you know this story is about so much more than two kids growing up and falling in love. It’s about loss, it’s about love, it’s about hope, it’s about friendship, it’s about perseverance and sacrifice. This is an honest story of how life isn’t always fair, but true love always wins. 

When I first read The Silent Waters my heart felt like it had been ripped open. My heart was broken for how unjust life is and how I wanted to rescue these two fictional characters. That’s how you know a book is epic. You finish the story, go to bed, only to wake up thinking about two fictional characters that you cannot be convinced are not real. They stay with you long after you finish the last page because their story came to life for you. 

In my opinion, there are two parts of what make a story unforgettable, an unforgettable plot and a beautifully written story, Cherry delivered on both accounts. First, I fell in love with Brooks and Maggie's story, because like I said it’s epic. Then came the unforgettable plot that left me broken and healed at the same time. That’s what Brittainy’s writing does, she tells an emotional heartfelt story that leaves you broken and whole at the same time. Her writing makes you stop and think and reread, not for clarification, but you so you can allow the words to really marinate, so you can feel every emotion. 

I cannot recommend this book enough. It’s real and heartfelt. It’s about strength and finding your voice. This book made me feel on so many levels and made me fell that high that only awesome books can deliver. I should absolutely warn you, though, this book will cause a HUGE book hangover, but no worries it will be worth it. 





Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK






Also Available


AMAZON US / UK



AMAZON US / UK



Author Bio

Brittainy Cherry has been in love with words since the day she took her first breath. She graduated from Carroll University with a Bachelors Degree in Theatre Arts and a minor in Creative Writing. She loves to take part in writing screenplays, acting, and dancing--poorly of course. Coffee, chai tea, and wine are three things that she thinks every person should partake in! Brittainy lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with her family. When she's not running a million errands and crafting stories, she's probably playing with her adorable pets.



Author Links


No comments

Post a Comment