September 13, 2016

Roman Crazy by Nina Bocci and Alice Clayton


The story begins with us meeting Avery and within the first few pages she finds her husband sleeping with his assistant. Avery is told to forgive, this is just a man thing, and move on, but she can’t. I don’t blame her, at all! Instead, she decides to leave the crazy advice behind and visit her bestie in Rome. 

Avery arrives in Rome and instead of crawling into bed and resting her bestie decides a night out will do her good. That's where she runs into the first man she ever loved, the guy she has measured all men against is back in her life. Marcello is the guy she left when she was young and went back home to marry Daniel. Now they are back in each other’s lives and have to decide where to go from here. 

I really, really loved Marcello! He was pretty freaking perfect. Perfectly sexy and charming, perfectly sweet and reassuring. Avery is a girl I think most people can relate and I was cheering for her happily ever after. I wanted her to find the happiness she deserved in all areas of her life. 

This story is about so much more than a failed love or even a second chance romance. It’s really a second chance at life. Avery gave up so much of herself to be with Daniel. Now she has a chance to reclaim the person she wanted to be. I am not a huge fan of second chance romances, but I did really enjoy the aspect of the story where Avery not only falls in love but finds herself again. 

This is Nina Bocci’s first book and many of you know Alice Clayton, I am so impressed with their writing and will definitely tune into what they have coming next! I have never been to Rome, but after reading Roman Crazy I desperate want to and feel like I have lived a little bit of the culture. 

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 




No comments

Post a Comment