November 15, 2016

Review - Sweet Cheeks by K. Bromberg


sweetcheeks

        sweetcheeks_frontcover

An all new second chance love story by the New York Times Bestselling author of the beloved Driven series. It all started with the invitation. To my ex-fiance’s new wedding. I should have ignored it. Thrown it away. Set it afire. But I didn’t. I replied. With a plus one. And then my assistant accidentally mailed it. Enter Hayes Whitley. Mega-movie star. The man who has captured the hearts of millions. But I gave him mine years ago. He was my first love. He was my everything. Right until he up and left to chase his dreams without so much as a simple goodbye. When he showed up out of the blue ten years later, I should have known to steer clear of him. I should have rejected his offer to take me to my ex’s wedding. I should have never let him kiss me. But I didn’t. And now we’re left wondering if the pieces of the life we once shared still fit together somehow. First loves are hard to forget. The question is, do we want to forget? Or do we risk the chance and see what happens next?


      stealone-moremoment_tall-1

MY REVIEW

Sweet Cheeks is a sexy, sweet, leave you with a huge smile on your face standalone. 

Saylor has just received an invitation to her ex- fiances wedding and to rub salt in the wound all the details, down to the invitation, are a copycat to the wedding she called off. Angry and offended Saylor decides to RSVP, you know to show she has moved on, that she is better than this. That was when I knew Saylor was my girl because let’s be honest we have all had these moments of craziness. 

I love genuineness in a character and felt that in Saylor immediately. I also loved how she was driven and focused on improving her life and wasn’t focused on finding a man. She was dedicated to pursuing her dreams. Saylor basically risked it all to open up Sweet Cheeks, a bakery, and now she is fighting against everything to make it a success.

So how does a sexy movie star even fit in? I’ll tell you, he wasn’t a part of the original plan, but when he arrives back in town Saylor enlist him to help save face with her ex’s family. However, this isn’t just a random movie star, it’s the love of her life that got away so all these feelings run so much deeper. Their connection immediately returns and all their old feelings are back. 

I read this book pretty much in one sitting. From the very beginning, I fell in love with Saylor and wanted to know her story. Then I fell in love with Hayes and I couldn’t put the book down. Saylor and Hayes were swoon-worthy. I loved their history and how they just got each other. I loved their banter and humor and how it added so much lightness to the story. I absolutely fell in love with their second chance romance and this reader isn’t a huge fan of second chance romances, but I just felt their connection and was ready to see their story unfold. 

If you are looking for a fun, sexy read jump into Sweet Cheeks.

      dsc_0087

New York Times Bestselling author K. Bromberg writes contemporary novels that contain a mixture of sweet, emotional, a whole lot of sexy, and a little bit of real. She likes to write strong heroines, and damaged heroes who we love to hate and hate to love. She’s a mixture of most of her female characters: sassy, intelligent, stubborn, reserved, outgoing, driven, emotional, strong, and wears her heart on her sleeve. All of which she displays daily with her husband and three children where they live in Southern California. On a whim, K. Bromberg decided to try her hand at this writing thing. Since then she has written The Driven Series (Driven, Fueled, Crashed, Raced, Aced), the standalone Driven Novels (Slow Burn, Sweet Ache, Hard Beat, and Down Shift), and a novella (UnRaveled). She is currently finishing up Sweet Cheeks a standalone novel out November 14th. Her plans for 2017 include a sports romance duet (2 books: The Player, The Catch) and the Everyday Heroes series (3 books: Cuffed, Combust, and Cockpit). She’s also writing a novella for the 1,001 Dark Night series that will be out in February 2017. She loves to hear from her readers so make sure you check her out on social media.

No comments

Post a Comment