March 4, 2017

The Wright Brother by K.A. Linde

twbbanner       TWB Amazon 

 I'd dated his brother. He didn’t remember and I wish I could forget. I may have sworn off the Wright family a long time ago. But when I returned home, Jensen Wright crashed into my life with the confidence of a billionaire CEO and the sex appeal of a god. Even I couldn’t resist our charged chemistry, or the way he fit into my life like a missing puzzle piece. Too bad he’d forgotten the one thing that could destroy us. Because Jensen Wright doesn’t share. Not with anyone. And if his brother finds out, this could all go down in flames. When it all was said and done, was he the Wright brother?    

iBooks B&NKoboGoogle Play


My 4 Star Review

You know we all have our book rules, the things that we don't read because they make us uncomfortable. I am pretty lax in mine, but boy do I hate the idea of my heroine dating the sibling of her former lover. However, I also have this addiction to Linde's books. Even after I read the blurb I was like 'oh crap, I have to read this', because Linde writes angst and tortures me like no other. So while I am normally running away from books like this I had to jump in.

In high school, Emery dated Landon, not just dated, but they were high school sweethearts. They broke up and it's a little unclear as to why, but when Emery moves back to town no one recognizes the former tomboy immediately. That's how Jensen, the oldest Wright brother enters the picture. He ends up hitting on her at his sister's wedding.

Jensen is the older brother and with that comes the responsibility of managing their lucrative family business and reining in his somewhat out of control siblings. Despite being the oldest and being in charge his life is a little out of control too. He has a lot of secrets that while they are well known to the community, Emery and us, the readers are left in the dark about them until later in the book. That part I didn't exactly get since I am from a small town and despite not living there anymore I still hear about the things that happen to my former classmates and their siblings.

I really enjoyed this book for the most part. My only issue is I did want more in terms of angst and conflict since that is what I have come to love and expect from the Queen of Angst. It felt like things moved and the story progressed so I don't want you to think it was slow, but I kept waiting for this huge shoe to drop. I honestly expected a bit of fighting between the brothers, but the story took a different direction.

This isn't what I expected, but the writing is great and the story moved very quickly. I really liked Emery and Jensen and in the end wanted them together. I was just expecting more angst. 

teaser3_CS           Kyla

K.A. Linde is the USA Today bestselling author of more than fifteen novels including the Avoiding series and the Record series. She has a Masters degree in political science from the University of Georgia, was the head campaign worker for the 2012 presidential campaign at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and served as the head coach of the Duke University dance team. She loves reading fantasy novels, geeking out over Star Wars, binge-watching Supernatural, and dancing in her spare time. She currently lives in Lubbock, Texas, with her husband and two super adorable puppies.

No comments

Post a Comment